Thursday 31 July 2014

Rhiannon takes Combined route to success

Rhiannon receives her award from THE's Jane Shaw
Rhiannon Parker's academic excellence saw her add a notable prize to her First Class Combined Honours degree in Events with Management.

Rhiannon was one of only two students awarded a Davina Chaplin Memorial Prize for the high standard of her work (Tourism graduate Nicole Dawe was the other). We spoke to Rhiannon to find out more.

"I chose UCLan as it was one of the few universities that offered combined honours degrees, and I was keen to move from the Rhondda valleys to experience living within a city.

"I've very much enjoyed my time at university and have made some amazing friends. I've also gained valuable work experience during my placement as an Events Assistant at Llancaiach Fawr Manor,Caerphilly, which has provided me with the skills and experience to secure a job within weeks of completing my university course.

"I'm now working for Routes, a company who organise conferences for aviation organisations across the globe, allowing for airlines, airports and tourism authorities to network. My role is to assist the conference manager and VIP manager in the run up to their largest event of the year in Chicago.

"I very much enjoy working within events and hope to further my career within the industry."

No comments:

Post a Comment